Monday, December 3, 2018

Women and Storytelling: An Interview

Interviewer: Was it important that the story would be told from a woman's prescriptive?
Munro: I never thought of it as being important, but I never thought of myself as being anything but a woman, and there were many good stories about little girls and women... When I was a young girl I had no feeling of inferiority at all about being a woman. And this may have been because I lived in a part of Ontario where women did most of the reading, women did most of the telling of the stories. The men were outside doing 'important' things, and they did not go in for stories, so I felt quite at home.
Alice Munro, In Her Own Words: 2013 Nobel Prize in Literature

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Always remember that when a man goes out of the room, he leaves everything in it behind... When a woman goes out she carries everything ...